FF Skagen - with respect for our environment
FF Skagen is an environmentally aware company which is working actively and with commitment and dedication towards reducing the energy and environmental impact of the business to an absolute minimum.
FF Skagen is certified in accordance with the ISO 14001 documentation and guidelines for an ambitious and sustainable environmental management and resource optimisation.
As a natural step in FF Skagen's environmental efforts, we provide all our heat from production to Skagen Varmeværk absolutely free - which is an advantage for not only the environment but also in particular for the citizens in Skagen. See how much heat we're providing here! (requires Java).
The FF Skagen environmental policy is:
- with respect to its importance and position in the community, continuing to reduce odours to acceptable levels.
- based on targets, to reduce its environmental impact and other resource consumption.
- to improve the quality of the landed industry fish and filleting trimmings for the best possible use of resources as well as a minimization of the environmental impact of the business.
- to promote staff energy and environmental awareness through information, internal training and education.
- to conduct environmental and energy impact assessments via new investments and major operational changes.
- to monitor the operating environment and energy impact continuously in order to maintain the achieved environmental improvements.
- to comply with current legislation and the requirements of the supervisory authorities.
- to publish FF Skagen's environmental and energy policy and targets for improvement.
- to communicate openly with authorities, customers, suppliers and all others interested in environmental issues.